Bloom Bash 2017 at Art Alive 2017
April 28 @ 7:00 pm
Kick-off your Art Alive weekend in style at BLOOM BASH – the official opening celebration for Art Alive 2017. See the Museum in full bloom and enjoy:
- Enjoy an adventurous selection of floral-infused custom cocktails, brought to you by San Diego’s award winning Cutwater Spirits
- A stunning new installation from Emmy award-winning artist HOTTEA on view for one night only
- Dine on divine delicacies from San Diego’s top fine dining eateries
- Savor craft beer and coffee by local brewery powerhouse Modern Times
- Live music, performances, and dancing all night long
- 100+ floral interpretations of famous works of art in the Art Alive 2017 Floral Exhibition
- – Live music, performances, and dancing all night long
- 100+ floral interpretations at the Art Alive 2017 Floral Exhibition
$200 members / $250 nonmembers
Proceeds from BLOOM BASH and Art Alive, The San Diego Museum’s of Art’s signature fundraiser and annual floral exhibition, benefit education, outreach, and art-initiatives year-round.
BLOOM BASH FEATURED ARTIST:
HOTTEA is an Emmy award-winning installation artist from Minneapolis, MN. His stunning typographical installations are both beautifully elaborate and simple. HOTTEA typically works with yarn to create installations that co-exist with a space non-destructively and brings attention to neglected and forgotten spaces. His works have been displayed by invitation throughout the United States and internationally, with recent installations in London, Berlin, New York City, Los Angeles, Montreal, Sao Paulo and Sydney.
This year, the Elite Lounge VIP area is sure to wow with a hidden Tiki lounge inspired space in a partnership with San Diego Creative Media. Luxe island themed seating and decor will harken to a vintage era with a retro Polynesian motif. Kettner Exchange and Devil’s Dozen will tantalize taste buds with eats exclusive to the space. In addition to a private bar with elevated spirits, The Grass Skirt restaurant will be creating a secret space within the lounge for guests to procure mysterious and beautiful Tiki libations. The Elite Lounge is a benefit of Art Alive underwriters and honorary committee members at $1,500 or above.
Private Seating Cabanas
For the first time, the Museum is offering a very limited number of private seating cabanas for purchase at BLOOM BASH. The private cabanas are $5,000 each and include the opportunity to host up to 10 guests in a private plush seating area in the Museum’s Sculpture Garden with hosted champagne bottle service and name or logo displayed prominently on the sponsored cabana. Purchase includes access to the Elite Lounge VIP area.
ELITE LOUNGE SPONSORS:
Kettner Exchange Food and Spirits
Devil Dozen Donut Shop
The Grass Skirt
VIP CABANA SPONSORS:
Sweet & Savory Station Sponsors:
Loews Coronado Bay Resort
MIHO Catering Co.
Parq Restaurant & Nightclub
The Patio Restaurant Group
The Prado at Balboa Park
Root Cellar Catering Co.