1st Annual Desert Wine Fest
THE 1st EVER DESERT WINE FEST COMES TO PALM DESERT THIS FEBRUARY
WHERE: Palm Desert Civic Center Park, 43900 San Pablo Ave, Palm Desert, CA 92260
WHEN: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday February 25, and 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday February 26
Get excited for one of the best wine events to hit the desert! The Desert WineFest makes its debut at the Palm Desert Civic Center Park February 25-26, 2023, introduced by the organizers of LAWineFest.
This one-of-a-kind event celebrates all things wine, with wines from around the globe – plus craft brews and more – in a relaxed outdoor space where fun, exploration and wine education is balanced with artisan shopping boutiques, live music, great food trucks and restaurants, samplings, games and more. This unique event will also benefit the community and raise funds and awareness for the Family YMCA of the Desert and Desert Cancer Foundation. The Palm Desert Civic Center Park provides the perfect springtime desert backdrop to take in all the fun, with winemakers and winery owners on-hand to discuss the different wine varietals available for tasting (anticipated to be well over 250). With so many wines and activities available, Desert WineFest CEO Scherr Lillico recommends out-of-towners make a weekend out of it, and visit the award-winning hotels and restaurants nearby.
Admission to Desert WineFest includes a commemorative wine glass, unlimited wine and craft brew tastings, bottled water, coffee and other samplings. Limited VIP Garden tickets are also available, as well as Designated Driver options. WineFest hours are 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Carpooling, ride sharing services, or public transportation is highly recommended.
Early-bird discounted tickets are available for a limited time at www.DesertWineFest.com. Tickets at the door will be available, subject to capacity:
- General Admission (at the gate): $100
- Includes entry to the Fest, a commemorative souvenir cup to keep, unlimited* wine and craft brew tastings, water, coffee, and the overall Fest experience.
- VIP Garden (at the gate): $140
- Provides all that GA does, PLUS tasting wines from over a dozen gem Boutique Wineries, which are defined as producing less than 2,500 cases of wine each year; higher end wines, appetizers, samplings, and some seating. As a result, only 400 All Access tickets are available per day so purchase early. On Saturday only, you also have the ability to enter the Fest one hour early (at 12 p.m.). No early entry Sunday.
- Designated drivers are encouraged, and get to join their friends and enjoy all the amenities of the day for only $20 (does not include any alcohol tastings).
The legal bits:
- Must be 21 years of age to be on the premises. (Sorry, no infants either – ABC rules)
- Absolutely No Pets – Certified service animals allowed.
- Wineries/Breweries reserve the right to limit consumption.
To learn more, or to purchase tickets at early bird rates, please visit DesertWineFest.com.