What Will Inspire Your Next Recipe?
Written By: Peter Pham of www.foodbeast.com
bad great ideas, the Ramen Pot Pie came into fruition at a drive-thru.
While ordering a chicken pot pie from KFC, I was trying to figure out what to do with the last bit of sea urchin I had at home. I wanted to throw it into the chicken pot pie, but was heavily advised against it by my friends. Too rich, they said.
I did it anyway.
Uni Pot Pie. Story coming soon.
It got me thinking though, what other savory foods could be great in pot pie form. Thus, the Ramen Pot Pie was born. While waiting for the cashier to ring up my order, I quickly shot a text to my publisher to see what he thought:
With the green light, it was simply a matter of figuring out how to execute such a heavy dish. Luckily, this wasn’t my first rodeo.
What you need:
- 3 strips Pork Belly (frozen)
- Cream of Chicken (3 cans)
- Instant Ramen (2 packs)
- Corn (1 can)
- Green Onions (1 bunch)
- Pastry crust
- Soft-boiled egg
How to make it:
- Cut 3 strips of pork belly into cubes and fry.
- Combine 3 cans of Cream of Chicken
- Open 2 packets of Instant Ramen
- Add Ramen Seasoning to Cream of Chicken
- Throw Pork Belly into mixture
- Add half a can of Corn
- Boil Ramen Noodles, drain, add to mixture
- Mix thoroughly. Throw in some Green Onions/Scallions.
- Add mixture to pie tin.
- Cover with pastry crust.
- Heat at 450 degrees for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with more Pork Belly, Soft-boiled Egg, Narutomaki, Scallions
Note: A second pasty crust at the bottom of the tin will also work.
Check out the video for an up-close look at how to make a Ramen Pot Pie.