Effective Date 3/24/2020
Locale Magazine respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information from unauthorized use or disclosure.
If you choose to subscribe to our print magazine, we may also ask you for financial information for payment purposes, including, but not limited to: your billing name; billing address; PayPal information; or any other information that we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate (“payment information”).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
Locale Magazine may collect your personal information through one or more of the following methods:
- Personal Information You Provide. Locale Magazine may collect personal information when you provide personal information to our employees, representatives, or third party affiliates; register on our website; attend our events and programs; register for our sweepstakes or contests; sign up for our magazine; contact us about a request to make contact; or email, call, or otherwise communicate with us. No personal information is gathered about you when you visit our website, unless you voluntarily provide information to us. For example, if you contact us regarding our magazine, we may request that you provide personal information that will enable us to respond to your inquiry. If you do not provide such information, we may not be able to respond to your inquiry, or the information we provide may be limited. If you indicate to us that you have interest(s) in certain areas, we may send you communications regarding those interests. If you do not indicate any specific areas of interest, we may contact you with an additional opportunity to register for such communications.
- Financial Transactions. Locale Magazine utilizes PayPal, which will collect payment information as part of any purchase from our website. We will not store your payment information in our database. PayPal will only use your payment information to process your payment of the ordered products.
- Automatically Collected Personal Information. When you purchase our magazine or register for our events, transactional information such as the date of your purchase or registration, type of event, or other event registration details and your user information may be collected automatically. We may use this automatically collected information to match your purchase with prior records of your purchases. We treat all such automatically collected information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to other information that may identify you.
- Other Information. We may obtain information about you from third parties such as demographic marketing information, address verification, or mailing list information and combine it with other personal information pertaining to you.
OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Locale Magazine may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Sending you information about our magazine and newsletter;
- Letting you know about upcoming events, programs, and information;
- Providing requested support for users;
- Posting photographs from events;
- Responding to your comments, requests, and questions;
- Processing and completing your magazine orders;
- Attempting to contact you regarding website issues;
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Verifying your identity;
- Keeping a record of our interactions with you if you have previously purchased a magazine subscription or registered or otherwise attended events and programs, or dealt with our representatives over the telephone or online;
- Sending you certain communications from a marketing or sales representative based on your indications to us or providing you with an opportunity to receive these communications;
- Conducting statistical and demographic analysis;
- Keeping in touch with you;
- Preventing, investigating, or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of personal information, our website or data systems, or to meet legal obligations;
- Protecting and defending Locale Magazine and its affiliates against legal actions or claims;
- Satisfying contractual obligations;
- Cooperating with law enforcement or other government agencies for purposes of national security, public safety, or matters of public importance when we believe that disclosure of information is necessary or appropriate to protect the public interest or as otherwise required by law;
- Contacting you about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, or sharing with you special offers from Locale Magazine or promotions from other companies;
- Conducting market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs;
- Evaluating and improving your customer or event experience, online experience, or existing services, or to create new events;
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities;
- Offering sweepstakes and promotions for you to enter; and
When it is possible to do so, we may link personal information (such as your name or e-mail address) with non-personal information (such as the unique identifier associated with your computer or mobile device). We may also link personal information with other generally or publicly available information to help us identify your preferences or interests. The information we collect may also be merged with information available from other sources such as (1) companies that match e-mail addresses with postal addresses and other information and (2) our affiliates.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your personal information to third parties with your consent. You may give your consent in several ways, such as through a written agreement that you sign or acknowledge; an online method, such as a “click-through” agreement or registration page for a contest or sweepstakes; an oral statement, such as by way of an interactive voice response or orally authorized consent during a phone call; or through the terms and conditions under which we provide you with membership or event requests. Sometimes, your consent may be implicit.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your personal information to third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf and/or for your benefit. We may utilize the services of third parties to verify customer data, such as mailing addresses or to supplement other information we have collected. We may also contract with third parties to host a website, retain customer data, conduct market research, or send you information regarding our activities, or those of other companies with whom we conduct activities.
- Legal Process. We may disclose your personal information to legal or government regulatory authorities in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations of theft, fraud, or abuse. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation, or if we determine its disclosure is necessary in an emergency. This may include the disclosure of IP addresses, mobile device identifiers, or other information collected by us, with or without notice to you.
- Certain Organizational Transfers. Your personal information may be disclosed as part of an actual or proposed organizational transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, financing or sale of company assets, or dissolution of Locale Magazine, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the organizational assets in such a transaction. It may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
INFORMATION PERTAINING TO CHILDREN
Locale Magazine is the only operator of its website, and its contact information is listed in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Locale Magazine does not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 13, and has taken steps to avoid doing so through its website. Accordingly, Locale Magazine does not enable children to make their personal information publicly available, knowingly or intentionally use their information in any manner, or knowingly or intentionally disclose their information to anyone. If a child under the age of 13 has or may have provided personal information to Locale Magazine, a parent or guardian may inform us of that fact by contacting us using one of the methods listed in the “How to Contact Us” section below, and we will then review our records and delete any such information from our database. If you are under the age of 13, do not provide us with any personal information either directly or indirectly (e.g., by posting personal information on our website). Any personal information that we receive from a person whom we believe is under the age of 13 will be deleted.
ACCESS TO AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Locale Magazine does not maintain all of your personal information in a form that you can access or update, and some items may not be changed, unless required by applicable law. Accordingly, we will determine and may limit what may be accessed and how, subject to applicable law, and we may keep a record of changes (including deletions) and disclose them for compliance or other lawful purposes. If there is any of your personal information that you would like to view or us to change or delete, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will do our best to accommodate you. We keep your personal information for only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it is collected, and we reserve the right to retain it to the full extent not prohibited by law.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Locale Magazine uses various physical, electronic, and procedural measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized disclosure or misuse. Only authorized employees of Locale Magazine have access to our databases where your personal information is stored. We employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), HTTP Secure (HTTPS) technology, Jetpack, and other security measures to encrypt and securely transfer sensitive personal information you input during transmission. However, because no data security systems are completely secure, we do not warrant that any personal information that you provide to us will be secure or safe from unauthorized access. If you provide any personal information to us, you do so at your own risk. We also use certain third party services for storage and processing of personal information. You may contact our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to file a complaint.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Locale Magazine’ website responds to “do not track” signals and similar mechanisms. Locale Magazine may send you email messages, newsletters, direct mail offers, or other communications regarding events or news, unless you specifically ask us not to do so when you register for our communications, access our website, or change your preferences by updating any accounts you may have with us. At any time, you may elect to discontinue receiving messages from Locale Magazine by submitting an opt-out request to Locale Magazine’ webmaster (see “How to Contact Us” below), by managing your selections for communications at the bottom of our email communications, or by following the instructions in the form of the communication you received, as described below.
- Emails: To opt out of receiving email messages, use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such email or email us at email@example.com.
- Printed Materials: To opt out of receiving printed marketing materials at your postal address, such as our magazine, letters, flyers, or postcards, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Voice Messages and Texting: To opt out of receiving voice messages by telephone or text messages, you may follow the instructions stated in the pre-recorded voice message, or contact us at email@example.com.
Our website was created by and is controlled, operated, and administered by Locale Lifestyle Magazine, LLC, which is a California limited liability company, or its agents from offices within the United States of America utilizing servers located in the United States of America. We make no representation that materials at our website are appropriate or available for transmission to or from, or use in, locations outside of the jurisdiction stated above, and accessing our website from any jurisdiction where our website’s contents are illegal is prohibited. You may not use our website or export the materials in violation of import or export laws and regulations. If you access our website from a location outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. Please note that the personal data you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. Whenever you submit any personal data to us, you consent to this transfer.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act and Shine the Light law. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. This consent may be explicit or implicit. Please note that the California Shine the Light law does not cover all information sharing. Our disclosure only includes information covered by the law.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Phone: (949) 436-8910
Mailing Address: 2755 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626